Monday, 28 March 2016

IASO REVIEW: GHASSOUL BLACK CLEANSING OIL & INTENSIVE CLEAR BOOSTER

Hello Loves,

As many of you can tell, most of my reviews are on Korean Products because it have been all the rage lately! I have reviewed eyelashes, nose strips and face masks!! After all the positive results, I decided I wanted to try and experiment with more of the latest Korean products on the market, which resulted in a hunt for good and high quality Korean Products.

During this hunt, I came across IASO 'a prestige brand designed to address sophisticated and proactive skincare needs based on the research and expertise of leading dermatologists.' They were kind enough to send me some to review. I was sent: GHASSOUL BLACK CLEANSING OIL & INTENSIVE CLEAR BOOSTER. 


What is IASO?
The word "IASO" is derived from the name of the eldest daughter of the Greek God of Medicine, Aesculapius' meant to signify the twin concepts of medicine and treatment. IASO is a prestige brand designed to address sophisticated and proactive skincare needs based on the research and expertise of leading dermatologists. Started in South Korea (2001) and have since developed into a global brand, starting with expansion in New Zealand (2006), China (2007), Vietnam (2009), USA (2010), Singapore (2012) and Indonesia (2012). IASO have never, nor will it ever, test its products on animals! 

I have been using IASO skincare for 2 (two) weeks now, during my holiday in VIETNAM and I must say, that I am so impressed by their product quality and results.

Let’s Get Started!

Skin Type:
I started to use the product when I was on my Singapore & Vietnam trip! The weather was a mix of cold and hot days, resulting in my face having dry patches everywhere!

Ghassoul Black Cleansing Oil
'Multi-tasking cleansing oil with refined natural Morocco Ghassoul and Peeling Complex, which removes makeup and black heads deep from pores as well as old skin cells. Also contains Moringa Seed Oil and 7 flower extracts for skin calming and nourishment leaving skin soft and fresh.'



How to Use:
  • Shake well before use and dispense one or two pumps onto palm. 
  • Gently massage onto skin. 
  • To further emulsify makeup, add a small amount of water and continue to massage. 
  • Rinse well with water. 
Additional Info:
I used an Avon Face Brush to massage the product into my face then rinse it off with warm water. Used every second day (7 times in 2 weeks)


PRO:
  • Smells NICE
  • Affordable for 150ML
  • Very lovely gold packaging/box
  • The bottle is really nice and smooth
  • Leaves your face with a smooth finish
  • Cleared up my dry patches
  • Remove makeup instantly

CON:
  • The product is like water, therefore it was hard to use with my face brush. However, this really isn't a CON because it is supposed to be apply by hand. 

OVERALL: 
In the beginning, I thought it wouldn’t be able to remove my makeup because it was waterproof and already so hard to remove with makeup wipes but, wow just wow! It removed my makeup so fast, I was surprised! My face felt cleaner and A LOT smoother. As stated above, my face have been really dry lately and this product helped moisten my face, which reduced the dry patches that I had!

STARS: 5/5


Intensive Clear Booster (35ML)
‘An intensive yet extra-gentle skin re-texturing formula with an exclusive complex of multi-hydroxyl acids and plant extracts, which ex-foliate dead skin cells and speed up the skin's own shedding cycle. Instantly boosts your skin's smoothness, clarity and radiance and continuously reduces dullness, uneven texture and minor discolourations. Works precisely where and when needed. On dry skin, whisks away flakes. On oily skin, reduces surface oil. It also maximizes the benefits of your other skin care products.’


How to Use:
  • Apply to the face and neck after cleansing and toning, AM and PM (Avoid eye area).
  • Follow with your serum and moisturiser as desired. 
Additional info: 
Used with Ghassoul Black Cleansing Oil every second day at night! 


PROS:
  • The packaging/box. Very lovely gold colour
  • Unique bottle shape, very elegant appearance
  • Absorbs into skin fast, with a smooth/radiance finish
  • Affordable for 35ML

CONS:
  • The Smell. It started off with a lovely citrus smell but when applied to skin, the smell changes drastically to a rubbery smell.


OVERALL:
I have been using this product for 2 weeks, every second day, straight after the IASO: Ghassoul Black Cleansing Oil. The combination of these products improved the results. My face felt like it cleared up more, with a shiny/smooth finish. 

IASO: Intensive Clear Booster, helps improve my uneven skin colour, not dramatically but slightly. What I love the most is how it absorbs really well into my skin, leaving it smooth, super radiance and dry-skin free. However, I wasn't a fan of the after smell, it didn't last long though (maybe a minute or so).

STARS: 4.5/5


Bonus Point:
I absolutely love their customer service because instead of sending me a random product to review, they actually took their time to ask me about my skin type & age, taking that into consideration and finding a product that would suit me!

STARS: 1/1


OVERALL STARS: 10.5/10

* PR SAMPLE
Everything written is my own honest opinion! Results may vary for other users, depending on your skin type and how you use it. 


Please [Comment][Like][Follow/Subscribe][Share]

Thank you for Reading! xx


52 comments:

  1. Nice review. The black cleansing oil looks different but great!

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cleansing oil was very unique for me aswell!

      xx Mai

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this brand and review! I have never heard of it but use a Korean brand of moisturizer that I love. Need to check this out!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathrine,

      Yes! I definitely recommend this brand! Make sure you check it out :)!

      xx Mai

      Delete
  3. Great post dear! Such a nice product :)

    I'm following you on GFC and G+ :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool review! Thanks for sharing!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful review, sounds like something I want to try out. Hope you had a lovely Easter!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, it looks very good ❤️
    xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome review! Have a fabulous Monday!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound interesting, I really need to branch out more with my products

    Cultivation of Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should consider trying these products. Definitely won't regret it! :)

      xx Mai

      Delete
  9. These sound amazing! I have really dry skin in winter, and moroccan oil usually works well

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Aleczandra! I'll give Maroccan oil a try! xx

      Delete
  10. That cleansing oil looks great
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. You should when you have the time! xx

      Delete
  12. Great products! Thanks for stopping by!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like great products! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look nice :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow never heard about the brand until now! the cleansing oil is interesting o.o

    xoxo,
    Winn | ♥
    winscribbles.blogspot.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful brand! You should give it a try! xx

      Delete
  16. Sounds very interesting, I love cleansing oils!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleansing oil is a must have for me now! xx

      Delete
  17. nice review

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review, sounds like this might be worth a try! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. these products soud very good
    NEW POST ON MY BLOG
    <<< fashion blogger italia >>>
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  20. such great products!
    www.alessandrastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing brand! Thanks for sharing!!
    Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose new post

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool review! Thanks for sharing!
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete